Do your dogs need something to do in the summer when its too hot to walk? Try some frozen enrichment!
Just 10 minutes of enrichment is equivalent to a half hour of physical activity. On hot days, this can be a great alternative to keeping your pups happy and occupied while staying cool.
Here’s how to make Sandy’s favorite frozen treat
- Take a plastic container (Tupperware, clean yogurt containers, etc) and fill with water or a combination of water and chicken broth.
- Add in your dog’s favorite soft treats – just a handful will do! Shredded chicken, Zuke’s Training Treats, dog jerky treats, etc are always great choices. Feel free to mix them up as well!
- To make it extra challenging, freeze in layers so the treats are at different depths
- Freeze the container until solid.
- Remove from the container (run a little hot water on the outside if it’s stuck) and then let your dog enjoy their frozen snack! (best enjoyed outside or in an area you don’t mind getting wet and a little messy)
As always, make sure to supervise dogs with treats to make sure they are enjoying safely!