- Breed: Pit Mix
- DOB: Approx 2016
- Gender: Neutered Male
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- Cat Friendly: Too Curious
- Kid Friendly: Older only, 12+
- Size: Large, 41–70lbs
- Activity Level: Medium
Joey was found in the winter of 2018 chained outside to a barrel with his paws frostbitten. Thanks to our wonderful veterinary partners, he made a full recovery and suffered no permanent damage. Now he’s in a foster home and doing great, but is looking for his forever home.
- Completed K9 Turbo Training’s “Explore More, Bark Less – Foundations” class in Fall 2019 and was a star pupil. Joey is ready to continue with more training classes; he is highly treat-motivated and is a very quick study.
- Ongoing, in-home training with DDR and his foster mom. He has mastered skills such as sitting, taking treats gently, going in his crate, playing “find it”, being left free in the house, and patiently taking turns with others being given treats. He has also made great improvement with greeting guests at the front door.
- Walking Partner – Joey has been acting as daily walking partner and exercise motivator for his foster mom. He enjoys exploring and is comfortable walking in virtually any environment (neighborhood streets, busy streets, downtown shopping districts, local parks). He is willing to work overtime to help you achieve your daily step goals.
- Cuddle Buddy – Joey excels at cuddling and he is willing to perform this duty in almost any location in your home. His favorite location is in bed, but he is also able to accommodate cuddling on the couch or in an arm chair.
- Dog Sibling – While in his current position, Joey lives with another senior dog. He also has experience living with other younger dogs. Joey is energetic and playful while still being able to respect his dog siblings’ space when appropriate. Cuddling services are also available to dog siblings.
- Having dog siblings
- Playing with dog-appropriate toys (and leaving people “toys”)
- Being able to self-entertain